I have read every article I can find in the Community, but I cannot get WordPress installed (I have multiple websites I want to move to multiple accounts, once I get one figured out, I hope the rest will be easy. I will use the singular in the rest of my question.
- I have a website (website.com) hosted by a different web host.
- The Domain is registered through and the DNS records controlled through Google Domains.
- I want to install WordPress and transfer the website BEFORE changing the DNS records.
- I installed All-In-One WP Migration and created an export file on the existing WordPress install hosted by the other web host.
- I created a container in NodeHost.
- I created a domain (website.com) in NodeHost.
- I attempted to install WordPress by clicking on Containers > website.com container > Packages Store > WordPress Install the Package.
- I created a Database by clicking on Databases > Create Database.
That is as far as I can get.
https://www.nodehost.ca/tutorial_blog seems to provide the most complete information on how to create a WordPress install, but it presumes a completely new WordPress install, not a transfer of an install.
What am I missing/how can I get everything migrated to NodeHost?
Should I make a subdomain (e.g. staging.website.com), point the A record for the subdomain on Google Domains to the subdomain in NodeHost?
Do I create a secondary domain (would that be the staging.website.com domain), or do I "Create free myws.ca secondary domain"?
If I create a secondary domain (using one of the examples above, how do I then get the WordPress install moved over to the final destination (website.com) once everything is installed and running on the secondary domain?